- Theta V shoots hi-def smooth 360 Degree video at 30 fps @ 3840 x 1920 pixels or 4K. It supports the H.264 file format for video recording ; Remote release: CA-3-compatible
- Hi-res 360 Degree spherical stills & video with improvements to the image quality. New Qualcomm Snapdragon processor has completely enhanced the exposure accuracy and white balance algorithm
- Theta has a 4-channel microphone that supports 360 Degree spatial audio recording built in Omnidirectional audio is recorded not just in the horizontal direction but also in the vertical direction
- The world’s-first Remote Playback capable fully spherical camera allows users to wirelessly playback 360 Degree images and videos on a large-screen display Using a compatible wireless display adapter
- The camera can always be connected to a smartphone using Bluetooth low energy (BLE) This function provides improvements in usability and power consumption
The Theta V is lightweight 360 Degree spherical camera,
…it’s easy to use and compact enough to carry everywhere. Enhancements including a new image sensor and processor for improved image quality allow the camera to produce more realistic “as-if-you-were-there” 360-degree content. The camera’s new high-speed data transfer is 2.5 times faster than previous Theta models, allowing users to quickly and wirelessly upload 14 megapixel stills and high-resolution 4K videos for immediate showing and sharing. Omni-directional audio recording functionality enables 360-degree audio that is a strong complement to the high-resolution video, dramatically enhancing the realism of a scene.
See it….4k 360° videos and 14mp 360° still images
The Ricoh Theta V features high end video capture with 4K 360° (3840 x 1920) at 30 frames per second.
Capture high resolution 14 megapixel 360° still images, with the push of one button.
The Theta V can connect to and be controlled by any Android or iOS-based smartphone or tablet using the Theta S app. Connection is either via Bluetooth low energy (BLE)-which enables an “always-on” connection between a camera and phone-or Wi-Fi, providing users with greater flexibility in how they wirelessly control the camera. A new and unique feature of the Theta V is that Ricoh will be able to create new functions for the camera via software plug-ins. The first of these plug-ins was developed by Ricoh and is already integrated into the phone. It enables the Theta V to deliver the world’s first remote playback capability in a commercially-marketed, fully spherical camera.
Hear it….3d 360° spatial audio
With the four built-in microphones it makes it possible to record directional audio independently. That can be played back on any stereo device.
Spatial audio can be enhanced even more with new Ricoh Theta TA-1 3D 360° Microphone (sold separately).
The camera has a 4-channel microphone that supports 360 Degree spatial audio recording built into its body. Omnidirectional audio is recorded not just in the horizontal direction but also in the vertical direction, making it possible to reproduce sound and video as it was in the environment where the video was shot by linking 360 Degree video and audio together. Furthermore, using the dedicated accessory 3D Microphone TA-1 (optional) scheduled for launch with the camera will allow users to pick up natural sound with a large volume of information at low to high frequency.
Share it…Remote playback.
Theta V has a Remote Playback function that allows users to play back their images taken with the Theta V, from its buillt-in memory, onto a TV or projector, using a wireless adapter.